If you have really pigmented lips and you desire them to be lighter, we have the solution.
What Causes Dark Lips
Dark lips might be a result of excessive dead skin on the top of your skin or excessive exposure to the sun and dehydration.
Our lips don’t have oil-producing glands and therefore can dehydrate quickly. It is recommended keeping yourself hydrated by consuming 8 glasses of water daily in order to maintain a healthy balance. Moreover, never step out of the house without applying a lip balm with SPF 15+ to protect your lips from the sun rays and reduce the lips pigmentation.
In order to remove the dead skin cells form your lips and make them lighter instantly, you can prepare this natural scrub.
All you will need is brown sugar, lemon and honey. You can use almond oil as a moisturizer.
These natural ingredients will make your lips more pink, supple and smoother.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 3 small teaspoons of brown sugar
- half a teaspoon lemon juice
– Mix 1 teaspoon of honey (you can use either raw or regular honey) and 3 small teaspoons of brown sugar. Warm the mixture a little bit. If you have regular honey, you do not need to warm it. Raw honey is solid and it needs to be warmed.
– Stir and mix the combination till is gets smooth and nicely joint. Add more honey if you feel like you need it.
– When the mixture gets thick and nice, add lemon juice. Cut the lemon in a half and give it only one squeeze, which is probably about half a teaspoon.
How to use it:
Apply the mixture on your lips and scrub gently in a circular motion for a minute. Then, wash it off with warm water.
When you are done exfoliating, apply some almond oil on the lips.
Almonds include lightening agents, so almond oil is good if you want to make your lips lighter.
Do this procedure for a few weeks before going to bed and soon you will feel the results.
These three ingredients function amazingly together. The brown sugar is an extraordinary exfoliant. The honey will give you softer and supple lips, whereas the lemon makes your lips lighter.
The scrub can be used every night, not only for its lightening effects, but also for eliminating the dead skin on your lips, especially when it gets colder.